Best Prices on Ham at Grocery Stores
Many people enjoy a festive ham for Easter! If you’re in the same boat, you might be interested in the best prices currently available.
Around Thanksgiving, I offer a popular best turkey prices roundup, so this year I also decided to bring back a roundup for the best ham prices at Puget Sound area grocery stores.
Remember when comparing ham prices, that there are different cuts of ham. To make this easier for you, I’ve organized my post by ham type as opposed to store.
We typically see the best ham prices during Easter and Christmas. Here’s a little context of the best prices we’ve seen in recent years:
- 2016 Christmas Season: $1.47/lb
- 2017 Easter Season: $1.37/lb
- 2017 Christmas Season: $1.27/lb
- 2018 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
- 2018 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
- 2019 Easter Season: $1.27/lb
- 2019 Christmas Season: $1.19/lb
It’s absolutely worth mentioning that many grocery stores will have a surplus of hams that they will mark down immediately following the holidays. I’ve found spiral sliced hams for as low as $0.99/lb. So if you dig ham, but don’t have to have it on Easter, your patience may be rewarded!
Last updated: Thursday, April 9th, 2020
My Favorite Ham Deal this Week
My favorite deal this week is Fred Meyer’s Kroger Spiral Sliced Ham for $1.27/lb. It’s a good quality ham (I know, I’ve purchased them before) at a great price. You can buy cheaper cuts of ham for less, but this is personally the deal I’d steer towards.
Best Ham Prices
- Fred Meyer: $0.97/lb for Cook’s Portion Ham, limit 1.
- Fred Meyer: $1.27/lb for Kroger Spiral Ham, Bone-In, limit 1.
- QFC: $1.37/lb for Hormel Cure 81 Spiral Ham, Bone-In, limit 1.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $1.39/lb for Signature Farms® Smoked Shank Half or Whole Ham, Bone-In, limit 2.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $1.59/lb for Signature SELECT® Ham Spiral with Natural Juice, Bone-In, limit 2.
- Costco: $1.99/lb for Kirkland Signature Spiral Sliced Ham, Hickory Smoked.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $2.99/lb for Hormel Cure 81 Spiral Sliced Ham with Foil, Bone-In.
- Whole Foods Market: $2.99/lb for Niman Ranch Bone-In Spiral Cut Ham.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $3.49/lb for Dietz & Watson Ham Spiral, Half Cut.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $3.49/lb for Smithfield Spiral Sliced Smoked Pecan Praline Ham.
- Albertsons/Safeway: $4.49/lb for Hempler’s Spiral Sliced Semi Boneless Ham.
- Fred Meyer: $4.99/lb for F.G. Meyer Flame Crafted Spiral Ham.
- Honey Baked Ham: starting at $69.95. You can order online at honeybakedham.com.
These are the 2018 prices:
- WinCo: $1.27/lb Bone-in Shank Portion Ham, $1.37/lb Bone-in Butt Portion Ham, $1.57/lb Bone-in Half Spiral Ham. Prices good through 11/19.
Ham Dinner Prices
Prices for pre-assembled dinners including sides. I found these up on each store’s website. I recommend you call ahead.
- Albertsons/Safeway: No specific information on pre-packed Easter meals right now – check their Hop Into Spring page for more information.
- Fred Meyer: No specific information on pre-packed Easter meals right now – check their Easter Dinner Essentials page for more information.
- QFC: No specific information on pre-packed Easter meals right now – check their Easter Meals page for more information.
Please let me know if you’re aware of a store or deal I’ve missed!
What is your favorite store to buy ham from? For those that may not purchase ham regularly – do you have any recommendations on the type/portion of ham to buy?
The post Best Ham Price Roundup – as of 4/9/20 appeared first on The Coupon Project.